Level 3: AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping
Choose your payment plan:
Online, self-paced with Hard Copy Study Books also provided
AAT Advanced Certificate in Accounting – Level 3
Exam(s) / assessment(s) not included in price, and must be purchased separately
Tutor is available to students
The Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification gives experienced bookkeepers the skills required to prepare final accounts of both sole traders and partnerships, as well as covering aspects of VAT and Indirect Taxation.
With our online course, you can study when it suits you and there's Tutor Support when you need it.
AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping - Level 3
Awarded by Association of Accounting Technicians
AAT Qualifications are recognised by employers as practical and technical qualifications that prepare students for the world of work and for working specifically in accountancy and finance roles.
There are 3 units in this course. All units are assessed by Computer-Based Assessments (CBA). The CBAs are flexible and can be taken at any time. The three units are:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Indirect Taxation
Outline of the three subjects are:
- Apply the principles of advanced double-entry bookkeeping
- Implement procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current assets
- Prepare and record depreciation calculations
- Record period end adjustments
- Produce and extend the trial balance
Final Accounts Preparation
- Distinguish between the financial recording and reporting requirements of different types of organisation
- Explain the need for final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying their preparation
- Prepare accounting records from incomplete information
- Produce accounts for sole traders
- Produce accounts for partnerships
- Recognise the key differences between preparing accounts for a limited company and a sole trader
- Understand and apply VAT legislation requirements
- Accurately complete VAT returns and submit them in a timely manner
- Understand the implications for the business of errors, omissions and late filing and payment
- Report VAT-related information within the organisation in accordance with regulatory and organisational requirement
By the end of this AAT Level 3 Bookkeeping course you will be able to:
- Confidently process daily business transactions in a manual bookkeeping system and produce a trial balance
- Understand the traditional double-entry bookkeeping system which underpins all accounting processes around the world
Prices from Paragon Training cover the cost of your course. There are additional fees to the institute needed when you want to sit your exam.
Who is this course for?
Those who are keen to learn bookkeeping principles.
Good standard of English literacy and basic maths skills.
With the Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping (Level 3), you can become a qualified bookkeeper.
It can lead to employment as an accounts manager or a professional bookkeeper.
After successful completion, you can apply for AAT Associate Bookkeeping membership and achieve AATQB status.