VTCT Level 2 Award in Wax Depilation – (hot and warm wax)
The VTCT Level 2 Award in Wax Depilation is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in how to remove hair using wax techniques.
Underpinning the qualification, you will develop a sound knowledge of health and safety practice in a salon environment, client care and communication in beauty related industries. You will also develop an underpinning knowledge and understanding of the practical skills learned throughout this qualification.
Level - 2
Dates available through out the year
Available on request
Please call us for details
This qualification’s primary purpose is to prepare learners for employment as a Waxing Specialist or within the beauty therapy industry. Learners may also choose to upgrade their skills to Ultimate waxing or other hair removal techniques such as electrolysis or lase
You will need to purchase a Beauty Kit and a Beauty Therapy uniform. Further information is available on request.
You will learn the following:
- Be able to use safe and effective methods of working when waxing using hot and warm wax
- Be able to consult, plan and prepare for waxing treatments with clients
- Be able to remove unwanted hair
- Understand organisational and legal requirements
- Understand how to work safely and effectively when providing waxing treatments
- Understand how to consult, plan and prepare for the treatment
- . Know anatomy and physiology that relates to waxing treatment
- Understand contra-indications that affect or restrict waxing treatments
- Understand equipment, materials, products, techniques and treatment planning for waxing
- Be able to provide aftercare advice for clients