Hairdressing can be a hugely rewarding profession, both creatively and financially. In recent years the profession has been gaining popularity. This is because there is always a consistent demand and, therefore, steady employment opportunities. Creative jobs that offer an income are hard to come by, and as the fashion industry adapts and evolves more and more artistic people are beginning to realise that hairdressing can be a very satisfying creative outlet.
This course is delivered through a combination of day-release and workplace experience. You will learn about client consultation, how the industry works, how to shampoo and condition, cutting, colouring and perming hair.
This apprenticeship will provide you with the hairdressing and salon ready knowledge and skills that employers need for you to be able to do the job well.
Level - 2
Dates available through out the year
Available on request
Please call us for further details
This apprenticeship covers the following:
- Hair industry practices and principles
- Hair cutting and styling techniques for all hair types
- Using specialist hair grooming materials and tools
- Comminication skills – including meeting and greeting, and building rapport
- Specialist barbering or hairdressing skills
- Health and safety requirements and legislation